Why not provide a VComponents-only installer??

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Oct 3 01:46:15 CDT 2007

On 3/10/07 1:06 AM, "Thorsten Hohage" <thohage at objectmanufactur.com> wrote:

Hi Thorten,

>> And how do I package them on a Windows Build machine for an Apple
>> computer?

Just NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have only yesterday point this to Chris in letters with subject
        Re: [INFO] MAC and WIN compilation

> Check the install shell script that is available for Mac, there are
> many more operations necessary to do, except a plain copy of
> libraries like for the windows version. So IMHO there is no other
> real choice than using a Mac to create a copy OR you need to explain
> the customers how to install VComponents.

> [SIDENOTE: @Ruslan: Why not provide a VComponents-only installer??
> Currently one must download i.e. the RB-plugin and delete the RB part
> after?]

We have think about this

1) this means a lots more download archives. More work for us, and more
confuse for people.

2) and this way still not works

Look, assume you have compile in RB the application

    MyApp.app

It depends on V4RB.dylib which always is in one place

    MyApp.app/Contents/Frameworks/V4RB.dylib

Problem is that even if we prepare VComponents with already installed paths
to be at

    MyApp.app/Contents/VComponents

The V4RB.dylib still DO NOT know this path.

Still must be runed bash script.