Realbasic 2007 r3 on Windows sp2 => MAC OSX Universal Binary

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Tue Oct 2 17:06:29 CDT 2007

Hi Barry,

On 2007-10-02, at 23:51, Barry G. Sumpter wrote:

> Realbasic 2007 r3 on Windows sp2 => MAC OSX Universal Binary
>
> I have a win ADK and mac ADK license.
>
> I build on WinXP sp2 to create a MAC OSX Universal Binary.
OK

> I don't have an Apple platform to test on.
I think this is a dangerous "game". Of course I must admit using
"Parallels" or any other VM is ways cheaper than buying a Mac, but
releasing a professional or mass market app without serious testing ...?

> So I need to package for the target client and get one of my co-
> workers to
> test.
I think this is the wrong way. Send the co-worker (and he is on mac?)
the app and the link to download. Then he can download the MAC
version install it on his system and bundled the app for delivery.

> If my client target is a MAC OSX Universal Binary on an Apple platform
> computer, I believe I should also package the vComponents that have
> been
> built for the MAC OSX Universal Binary on an Apple platform computer.
Yes, right.

> Again, I believe, specifically, I would NOT package the vComponents
> that
> have been built for the Windows Platform.
That's right, too.

> If this is the case, where do I find the vComponents that have been
> built
> for the MAC OSX Universal Binary on an Apple platform computer?
At the same place where you can find any other Valentina software

<http://www.valentina-db.com/download/>

> And how do I package them on a Windows Build machine for an Apple
> computer?
Check the install shell script that is available for Mac, there are
many more operations necessary to do, except a plain copy of
libraries like for the windows version. So IMHO there is no other
real choice than using a Mac to create a copy OR you need to explain
the customers how to install VComponents.

[SIDENOTE: @Ruslan: Why not provide a VComponents-only installer??
Currently one must download i.e. the RB-plugin and delete the RB part
after?]

> And how do I distribute them for an Apple computer?
After all the things necessary are done I create a simple archive
(NOT the mac way!) or create a DMG and copy the app-folder in there
(the mac way!), or most professional way use an installer.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany