[VStudio Mac OS X] old problems

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Sat Nov 24 03:43:45 CST 2007

Hi,

while I must admit, I didn't read the entire thread, here are some
thoughts/point ...

On 2007-11-24, at 09:22, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 23/11/07 4:14 PM, "Giacomo Vernoni" <giacomo at way-out.it> wrote:
>>> Always deleted existing VStudio and preferences before installing
>>> another version.

Sometimes it was necessary to remove the master.vdb from VServer/
Databases and all issues went away. But I must admit, in this case I
often added and removed several db, users, ... - but for the last
several versions this was not necessary and it was never necessary at
any customer machine, too. But it might be worth a try.

>> To Ruslan and the list: Can someone try to dump a DB in XML and let
>> me know if it works?
Is the db running on a server or do you open it locally? In most cases
where I've got any issues regarding importing/dumping they was gone
away when open the db locally.

Check your rights - Try to use another folder to dump the xml file in,
this solves some cases, too.

What else do you have in the db, beside tables - e.g. Stored
Procedures, Diagrams, Events, ... perhaps something forgotten what is
causing now problems?

But the common experience in most cases, it simply works!

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany