Valentina_Init Function????

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Nov 23 06:11:23 CST 2007

On 23/11/07 1:54 PM, "Dave" <dave at looktowindward.com> wrote:

Hi Dave,

> What values do I specify so that Valentina uses it's default value
> when I Initialize/Register it?
>
> All I could find was this:
>
> Valentina_Init( inCacheSize, [inMacSN = ""] , [inWinSN = ""] )
> inCacheSize is the memory allocated to the Valentina cache. A simple
> default is shown in the example in bytes, but you can modify this in
> order to maximize Valentina performance. It is good idea not to
> allocate more than half of the memory available on a system.
>
> I haven't called the Valentina_Init function yet in my code, but
> right now I have a working system and I have to get a demo ready for
> Monday and I still have a UI to write. So I just want to register
> Valentina and NOT change the Cache Size, how do I do this?

Okay, I was wrong. You do not need Valentina_Init Call.

Kirill have point me that in REVOLUTION => HELP about RevDB
    Connect() method, is told how send serials.

For Valentina Connect have next params:

    Host
    dbname
    user
    passw
    CacheSize
    MacSN
    WinSn
    LinSn

If some param is missing, just specify coma

    connect( , "db", , , 10 * 1024 * 1024, MacSN, WinSN, LinSN )