[V4RB] Open Delay

Schiller, Carsten c.schiller at peptidomics.com
Fri Nov 16 09:06:41 CST 2007

> From: Ruslan Zasukhin
>
> On 16/11/07 9:51 AM, "Schiller, Carsten"
> <c.schiller at peptidomics.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ruslan, hi All!
> >
> > I found this thread in the archives and since our App using
> large VDBs
> > is now more and more used on Windows this becomes a problem
> for me, too.
>
> Can you give details?
>
>     what size of db?
>     tables?
>     fields?
>
> time of opening.

I've seen that issue (0000616, fixed 2005-04-19) on Mantis, but this seems
to be something different.

I just tested a ~200 MB Database (3 tables, 40 fields, no indexes) took
about 40 seconds just to execute the open function. You can hear a lot of
memory swapping to the disk and if you open it a second time it opens almost
immediately (until the computer is rebooted). I think this is XP specific
and no issue on the Macs.

Cheerio, Carsten