[V4RB] Open Delay

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Fri Nov 16 02:23:02 CST 2007

Hi Carsten,

On 2007-11-16, at 08:51, Schiller, Carsten wrote:

> I found this thread in the archives and since our App using large
> VDBs is
> now more and more used on Windows this becomes a problem for me,
> too. Did
> you make any effort on this item, or can I do something to prevent
> this
> (slightly annoying)open delay on opening > 200 MB DBs?

Are you talking about VServer or "integrated" in a local app? For
VServer I use a smal app doing nothing more then connecting to the
server and doing some selects and then finish. This app is in the
startup items. Now even first connection is speedy.

Btw. my Databases folder together is about 1 GB, what do you mean with
large *scnr*

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--