trouble with this select

Joseph Morgan joseph at checkos.com
Thu Nov 1 15:14:44 CDT 2007

On Nov 1, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> BinaryLink is just one more link kind.
>     in mySQL you did have only Foreign Key kind link.
>     in Valentina we have 3 kinds now.

I was just checking to see if I should set up a binary link.

> SELECT departmentName as 'myDepartmentName',sum
> (itemsales.itemsalesamount) as 'itemsalesAMT'
> FROM departments,itemsales where departments._rowID =
> itemsales.itemsalesdepartmentID
> group by departmentName
> order by itemsalesAMT Desc

Correct me if I am wrong:
There is a link: "where departments._rowID =
itemsales.itemsalesdepartmentID"
Would the use of a binary link be faster/more effective?

Or is there already a binary link in place that I am unaware of? ( I
never set a binary link  myself for these tables )

Or am I missing the whole point behind binary links?

Joseph