Getting LIKE %you%

Sims, John (CDC/CCHP/NCBDDD) (CTR) ayu8 at CDC.GOV
Fri May 25 11:47:48 CDT 2007

Hi Chuck,

Did you ever post what type of field tbl_cont.cont_namecomplete is?

I ask because of "May" being a month of year (which could just be a
coincidence), but if you are really looking for a May date and
tbl_cont.cont_namecomplete is a datetime field, I'm not sure LIKE will
work since the data in the field most likely doesn't actually contain
the word "May" (that's my guess, I have no knowledge of the inner
workings of Vale), it is most likely just presenting it to you that way
based on preferences.

In that case, your SQL statement may be generating some kind of type
mismatch error or something like that.

-John