Getting LIKE %you%

Sims, John (CDC/CCHP/NCBDDD) (CTR) ayu8 at CDC.GOV
Fri May 25 07:24:37 CDT 2007

Hi Chuck,

> Hi John,
>
> On May 24, 2007, at 1:47 PM, Sims, John (CDC/CCHP/NCBDDD) (CTR) wrote:
>
> > My first thought:  does it contain "May" or "may"?  I can't
> remember
> > if LIKE is case sensitive or not but my first thought is that it is
> > case sensitive.
>
> Doesn't seem to matter if I search on "may" or "May".
>
> Regards,
>
> Chuck

Hmm.  Well, my next thought would be:  what type of field is
tbl_cont.cont_namecomplete?

I wish I could be more helpful in realtime, but I do RB/Valentina mostly
as an "after hours" thing at home.  My day job, which I'm usually at
when looking at the listserve, is all M$ products (VB.NET/SQL Server) so
I don't have RB/Valentina in front of me to test my own suggestions :-(

-John