vserver problem

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu May 17 01:56:33 CDT 2007

On 17/5/07 4:49 AM, "Robert Nichols" <robert at formworkdesign.com> wrote:

Hi Robert,

> Whole project is large with a lot of dependencies. Snippet follow:
>

>   START CODE
>    d = new cDate
>
>    d.month = d.month-3
>    ds = "slips.flddate > '" + d.shortdate + "' "
>

>    s = "select slips.flddate,projects.fullname,exptypes.shortname, "
>    s = s + "slips.description,slips.rate,slips.duration,slips.recid "
>    s = s + "from slips,exptypes,projects where exp = 1 and "
>    s = s + ds
>    s = s  + "order by flddate desc"
>
>    cur = new cvCursor
> (s,evCursorLocation.kServerSide,evLockType.kNoLocks,evCursorDirection.kR
> andom)
>
>   END CODE

In fact safe code must also CATCH exception around cursor creation.

Although I see you use own cvCursor class.
May be it present there.

Well, I can recommend only:

1) switch fully to 3.0
    engine is the same in Vstudio  3.0 amd Vserver 3.0

2) take Vserver 2.5.10 and Vstudio e.g. 2.5.8 to test
    connection to server and query

3) write in 5 minutes separate RB app
    which connect to server and do

    Valentina.Init()
    Valentina.InitClient()

    c = new Vconnection ...
    db = new Vdatabase ...

        db.open
        db.SqlExecute( "SELECT ..." )  << without any above string job
        db.close

    Valentina.shutdownClient
    Valentina.shutdown