Schema backwards compatibility

jda jda at his.com
Fri May 11 12:15:54 CDT 2007

>We  had  to remove that strictness a couple versions before.
>Instead, it should be some record in warning log (if turned on) about
>static-defined model mismatching .

Aha! That explains it.

Is there any danger if the new table structure is just a superset of
the older one? I mean, I added some fields but didn't remove any (I
also increased some varchar field lengths from 1022 to 1044).

I think the answer is no (except for the chance that text in the
varchar fields might be clipped to 1022 chars if they were edited in
the older version). Am I right? If so, it would make my life easier
because users of mine who hadn't upgraded to the newer version (and
table structure) could open and use databases made with the newer
version.

Thanks a lot.

Jon