Valentina Server 3.0 has CHANGED protocol // VStudio 3 crashes

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed May 9 09:36:19 CDT 2007

On 9/5/07 2:09 PM, "Ivan Smahin" <IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> BP> When I try to connect to the server (upgraded to 2.5.10) I cannot
> BP> connect (this is on localhost) Message returned is:
>
> BP> 12:02:07: Received packet's version is inconsistent.
> BP> 12:02:07: Kernel error: 0x82514
> BP> 12:02:07: Received packet's version is inconsistent.
>

> VStudio 3.0 uses VClient.dll which uses new protocol version.
> The VServer below 3.0 can not operate with packets issued by this dll.

I will make point of Ivan more strong.

In ReleaseNotes of 3.0 said

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:release
s:3.0:3.0

That we have change protocol.

------------
Bart, and other developers that use Valentina Server will be interested to
hear this story.

Just still was no time to tell it.

Thorsten, develop own EOF-like framework in REALbasic.
As I understand many years, about 400 classes.
As I understand something cool.
As I understand, will come day when he introduce this framework for other
developers also. :-)

So Thorsten, have switch from mySQL to Valentina in 4 hours.
At first he was happy. He did found that some complex query that take mySQL
5 minutes, take from Valentina on first time 30 sec then down to 5 second.

But a week later he have found that in mode when go e.g. 300 small SELECTs
that find one record, Valentina is slower of mySQL. MysQL was 21 sec,
Valentina about 60.

Tree weeks we have spend to reproduce, isolate, and resolve this issue.

Point was that we have sent client-side cursor as three physical calls to
socket. We have replace this to one call, and "Oh magic!", Valentina have go
down to 17 seconds.

We (Paradigma team) was very proud to get this result. At last of end wind
of SMALL SELECTS from mySQL db,
    which is 20 years in open source community,
    which is developed as they claim by hundreds of developers,
    which is *optimized* for fast and light connections/requests to db

Looks not bad for Valentina :-)

Note, that win in 60 times on complex query, was not surprise, we know that
Valentina win any DBMS on complex queries.

So back to issue.

You need all products of 3.0 line when you work with Valentina Server 3.0