Like operator

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed May 9 09:21:54 CDT 2007

On 8/5/07 7:13 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bart,

> that's pretty much what I suspected.
> I suppose this is the same for RegEx search

yes

> However may I recommend that the WIKI page where the like operator is
> explained be updated with this information.

okay

Btw, in Mantis present category DOCS where you can add such request.

> Can I then also conclude the inverse?

> Is it then better not to index the field if I will only search it %
> like%, or does it not mather (besides the space on the server)

This is CONTAINS search.

I need check code. Not remember.

By idea INDEX still can be used, and win.

Example. You have table with million records. But a field has only 100
distinct values.

So it is much fast just check this 100 values using info from index then
scan and check millions values.