V4RB - Speed of Stored Procedures

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Thu May 3 23:42:32 CDT 2007

Hello,

at the moment I have in RB a function where I build my SQL-Commands.
After that I send the build Select-Statement to the database an
generate a cursor. Whats happen with the speed, when I store this SQL-
Commands as stored procedure in the database and call it with
variables to get a cursor again. is this then faster or slower then
the old way?
Or doesn't it make sense to use stored procedures?

Thanks

Claudius

--
iMac CD 2GHz / MacOS X 10.4.8de / RB 2006r4/ Valentina 2.5.6
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de