Clarification on upgrades

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed May 2 04:30:36 CDT 2007

>Hi,
>
>Am 02.05.2007 um 04:02 schrieb Bill Mounce:
>
>>I need a clarification. I have a license to use Valentina on Mac
>>and Windows apps. These are stand-alone apps and not server based.
>>Do I need to buy a new license to run 2.5.10?

You need to buy a new license if you got your old license over a year
ago. Otherwise, you get free usage for roughly (12 - the number of
months ago you got the license) months.

>>Will I need to renew the license every year as long as I use 2.5.10?
>
>I hope not.
>I hope that you can use every version as long as you want, when it
>is released in the time of your licence periode!!

Lynn wrote:

    Your updated code is a magical thing. As long as your
    subscription is active, you can keep initializing new
    runtimes as they come out.

He talks about needing valid license to activate a new release. I
read this that once activated, a given version will work forever (and
it will be possible to reinstall it and activate with that old
license any time).

Ruslan, is that correct, including the part in parenthesis?

Robert