Clarification on upgrades

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Tue May 1 23:43:15 CDT 2007

Hi,

Am 02.05.2007 um 04:02 schrieb Bill Mounce:

> I need a clarification. I have a license to use Valentina on Mac
> and Windows apps. These are stand-alone apps and not server based.
> Do I need to buy a new license to run 2.5.10? Will I need to renew
> the license every year as long as I use 2.5.10?

I hope not.
I hope that you can use every version as long as you want, when it is
released in the time of your licence periode!!

> Ruslan has always been very generous on upgrade fees, and very good
> on providing fixes. I have no trouble moving to a different payment
> system for 3.0. And I will buy a yearly license to keep using 3.0.
>
> However, shouldn't 2.5.10, because it is a bug fix with no new
> features, be released in the same way as 2.5? Is it?

the thing I can't understand, and this is the reason why I don't like
this new licence models is, that possibly my licence end with an
buggy version. With RB I had the luck hat my licence ended with
2007r1. I didn't upgraded until now because the date-problems. I
waited for 2007r2 but still the same. I am using 2006r4.

Now I have the problem, that I don't have a stable version of
valentina in my licence window. At the moment everything is fine, but
when I will make an upgrade in my appliction with a shemaversion
change. I will get problems. I would expect that I get a stable
version with no major bug at the end of my licence time.

To pay for 3.X and or new features is absolutely okay, but I think we
should have a stable final version.

How do I get an information when my licence periode is finished? In
RB RB tells my that every starting, but how do I get the information
from valentina?

bye

Claudius

--
iMac CD 2GHz / MacOS X 10.4.8de / RB 2006r4/ Valentina 2.5.6
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de