VStudio generating classes

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Mar 24 11:24:38 CDT 2007

On 23/3/07 12:13 PM, "Thorsten Hohage" <thohage at objectmanufactur.com> wrote:

Hi Thorsten,

> The solution is so simple, but obviously so hidden for most
> developers of generators, the generator always produce a pair of
> classes, one for internal (= mapping) usage and one for the
> developer. The internal is allways generated to fit the model
> changes, the second is only changed in the header if the inheritance
> schema is changed.
>
> So we get ("_" is internal)
>
> Person inherits from _Person
>
> Customer inherits from _Customer inherits from Person
>
> Subscriber inherits from _Subscriber inherits form Customer
>
> and everything is fine. Generate you 120+ classes, do your 10 changes
> a day during development, maintain them and extend them over the
> years, as smart as your shadow on the wall.
>

> So enough theoretical work done for today, back to the IDE. Thanks
> for the audience ;-) - I hope this longish email will produce enough
> requests for implementing that style of class generation in Valentina.

:-)

Yes we know this style of generation and we use it self in our generator of
C++ sources of VClient and Vserver. The same 2-level classes style.

Again, let me underline, I see this Framework of sources generation in
Valentina Studio to be OPEN SOURCE - based on JavaScript. So everybody
should be able improve, fix, add more features and contribute.