[DISCUSS] Diagram of 60 tables

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Mar 23 08:51:06 CDT 2007

On 23/3/07 10:34 AM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bart,

>> As far as I see
>>
>>     http://www.dbwrench.com/screenshots/script.shtml
>>
>>     forward engineering  == SQL Editor of Vstudio.
>>         although no.
>>         this is just set of CREATE XXX commands to create db. Right?
>>         i.e. Similar to our SQL dump,
>>         just splited on few steps/scripts.
>>
>>     not sure I am excited by this.
>

> Nope,
>
> 1) create
> 2) alter
> 3) Display and organise displays
> 4) search dataviewer
>
> Functionality wise this may already be in VStudio, but the way the
> functionality is put in the hand of the developer makes for a
> completely different experience.

> Being able to experiment and visualise a design BEFORE implementing
> it on the server is a huge bonus.
> Being able to SAVE different designs without implementing them on the
> server is another advantage.

Hmm, but what problems play with "design" in Valentina Studio using LOCAL
test db, and only when you like it start apply it to VSERVER?

> DBWrench enables me to load the state of the server (reverse
> engineer) and start playing with the design; when I choose what
> design is the best I can implement this on the server, as a whole or
> partially

> If you had already this functionality (like it is implemented in
> DBWrench) I would be VERY excited about VStudio

But this is 100% the same to
        SQL Dump of structure only.

Just wrapped into more nice GUI -> when you see this as action steps.

Yes action steps can be a good idea,
Should be not hard to implement it.