[DISCUSS] Missing basic features ? ROADMAP

Charles Yeomans charles at declareSub.com
Thu Mar 22 17:28:53 CDT 2007

On Mar 21, 2007, at 8:32 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 21/3/07 12:16 PM, "Kim Kohen" <kim at webguide.com.au> wrote:
>
> Hi Bart,
> Hi Kim,
> Hi Everbody,
>
>>> I keep being surprised that (in my eyes) basic stuff doesn't seem
>>> to be implemented.
>
>>> I know most of this stuff can be worked around by doing it
>>> ourselves in our API's but still....

>> This one I can see as it appears to go against SQL92.
>
>> Valentina surprises me every day:)  Sometime for what it can't do and
>> often for what it can. It's quite an eclectic and quirky product but
>> strangely alluring...
>
> I'd like discuss this a lots and hear your feedback!
>
> * So point is:
>
>     - Valentina should follow SQL92, SQL99, SQL2003 standard.
>         If standard say something we shold do that.
>
>     - sometimes some places can be EXTENDED but still to be
>         not against of standard.
>
>     - and can exists features totally missing in standard.
>

> * Bart, what BASIC features you miss?
>     Please give us list of the most important for you.
>
> * Kim, also please inform us what you want from Valentina but it
> can't do.
>
> * Everybody else can do the same. I.e. Regular question is:
>     what is 3 dream features?

> Also I want inform you about our current state and plans.
>
> * we have implement in Valentina 3.0 branch
>     - VServer Event Scheduler
>     - SQL: BACKUP DATABASE command

What does this mean? Will it be supported for remote databases?  The
current inability to do database backups with VServer means that no
IT department is likely to give it serious consideration.

Charles Yeomans