[VCOM]First search takes too long time (was: Missing basic features? ROADMAP)

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Thu Mar 22 08:45:25 CDT 2007

> > And they all take very long time first search, even if if I
> search DB
> > with FindValue first, which is instant.
> >
> > This _must_ be a bug in Valentina or at least VCOM.
>
> So we have way to reproduce this ?

Well I am updating bug #2238 with new findings right now. I haven't tried to
do a testproject because 1. it has been very time consuming to explore this
in my app. 2. I think the latest finding with "wrong" search is so
rudimentary that I belive it must be posible to see by using this calls in
any of your test applications there. This is 2 different issues in a way but
I strongly belive they origine from same bug in code - maybe VCOM only, I
don't know.

If neccesarry I can try to create test project to reproduce but I have many
demands right now.

Joakim