[DISCUSS] Diagram of 60 tables

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 22 08:21:00 CDT 2007

On 22/3/07 12:39 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Also we need yet:
>>>         Develop powerful preferences.
>>>         Diagram Editor - for visual creation of table and links.
>>>         Report tool
>>>         SQL Builder - we have ideas how improve it a lots.
>> €€€€
>> these are all cool but tend to suggest the user will be doing
>> everything in VStudio rather than building (or using) a custom
>> application.
>
> The user for me is the developer. I'm building a 60 tables project
> and I sure would have liked a visual designer for designing and
> redesigning AND communicating this design with my fellow designers.
> Being able to generate a visual of a database makes it easier to
> discuss its design.
> This for me indicates that Valentina is still very much a "one
> developer tool" where it doesn't need to be

Bart,

If we get diagram like looks one in SQL Builder (have you see it)
But with all 60 tables, then this is okay?

Of course I EASY SEE here a lots of ideas how such tool can looks:
    - e.g. Have different names views with different set of tables.
    - collaps/expand tables to only names
    - ..

Having diagram with 60-100 tables at once, what next?
    Print it ?

But it will not fit A4...so how ?