[DISCUSS] Missing basic features ? ROADMAP

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 22 08:15:10 CDT 2007

On 22/3/07 12:19 PM, "Kim Kohen" <kim at webguide.com.au> wrote:

>> All together these plugins will move Valentina Studio to at least
>> FileMaker
>> level.
> €€€€
> in what way?  I really like Valentina but Filemaker it aint. I'm not
> sure if the long term goal of paradigma is to move into the FMP
> market but if it is, you have a long way to go. For all its
> shortcomings, FMP is a mature product with a pretty rich feature set
> - it just starts to suck when you want your app to look and behave
> like a *real* app.

On the first step Valentina Studio should be enough to produce complete
ready for use applications.

JavaScript will be the main script language, which controls DB and GUI.

> If you want a GUI, maybe you should talk to Servoy (although I never
> really liked their product).

Servoy?

>> Also we need yet:
>>         Develop powerful preferences.
>>         Diagram Editor - for visual creation of table and links.
>>         Report tool
>>         SQL Builder - we have ideas how improve it a lots.
> €€€€
> these are all cool but tend to suggest the user will be doing
> everything in VStudio rather than building (or using) a custom
> application. It's not a problem, but it's not where my priorities lie.

Not a fact.

E.g. As Bart point having ability develop complex diagram of your db schema
will be nice.

Having JavaScript in Valentina Studio, we can all together produce another
dream:

    * you develop db structure in Valentina Studio,
        okay using diagrams.

    * OR you import structure via ODBC from Access or mySQL.

    * AND then you just generate sources for your application.
        choosing:
            I want Class way
            I want SQL way.

        I want sources for RB or Lingo.
        And JavaScript do this job...cool? :-)
        also this can be easy open source scripts so we all can grow it.

    * Query Builder -> as only you want make some complex SQL query
        jump into query builder, then just copy SQL into your app.