[DISCUSS] Missing basic features ? ROADMAP

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 21 08:51:06 CDT 2007

On 21/3/07 3:33 PM, "Thorsten Hohage" <thohage at objectmanufactur.com> wrote:

>> * for say 3.1
>>     we will add support of LOG file, which can monitor all changes
>>     and be applied to latest BACUKP.
>
> Wish No. 3 - it can life make so easy regarding creation of patch
> files for different versions of deployed databases, when development
> goes on.
>

>> * and then all efforts will be directed to implementation of
>> transactions,
>>     commit, rollback, auto-recover. Special timestamps fields,..
>>     ALL this should go into Valentina 4.0
>
> Wish No. n+1, n+2, ...
>

>> * parallel we can and should improve such things as
>
>>     - table inheritance
>
> YES - please - great Wish No. 4

Also we dream about such VSERVER related features as:

* UDP instead of sockets, they say this will improve speed
    about 2 times if Vclient and Vserver are on the same computer.

* Client-side cache.

    OO DBMS claims that RDBMS cannot have it.
    We do not see technical problems to implement it for VServer

* Better User/Group control and permissions control.

* Asynchronous connections between Vclient and Vserver
    like have Postgre. So Vserver can send events to Vclient.