[INFO] creation date OF RECORD. NOW().

Kim Kohen kim at webguide.com.au
Wed Mar 21 05:16:33 CDT 2007

G'day Bart,

> maybe default value when started with assignment operator (= now())
> could be interpreted as a sqlstatement
sounds OK. I'd like it to work but I'm just working my way around it
now and once it's done I'll just reuse it.

> I keep being surprised that (in my eyes) basic stuff doesn't seem
> to be implemented.
> I know most of this stuff can be worked around by doing it
> ourselves in our API's but still....
This one I can see as it appears to go against SQL92.

Valentina surprises me every day:)  Sometime for what it can't do and
often for what it can. It's quite an eclectic and quirky product but
strangely alluring...

> Same goes for editing default values in VStudio, there just doesn't
> seem to be a way of editing the default value of a field once it is
> created.
VStudio has improved a LOT in the past few versions. It's quite
usable now but editing the default values of fields is not its
strongest point.

cheers

kim