[INFO] creation date OF RECORD. NOW().

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 05:01:33 CDT 2007

On 21-mrt-07, at 10:16, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 21/3/07 11:09 AM, "Kim Kohen" <kim at webguide.com.au> wrote:
>
> Hi Kim,
>
>>> 1) So you want create a record and one its field should have NOW
>>> value.
>>> Why not simply as:
>>>
>>>     INSERT INTO T1( f1, f2, f3) VALUES ( NOW(), x, y )
>> yes, I knew it can be coded around, it just seemed like it should
>> work.  Would it make more sense to generate an error in the field
>> rather than garbage data?  Or trap for a function rather than a
>> constant in VStudio?
>
> Problems is that your "now()" is stored as string,
> Then interpreted as date => garbage.
>
> Yes something should be improved.

maybe default value when started with assignment operator (= now())
could be interpreted as a sqlstatement

I keep being surprised that (in my eyes) basic stuff doesn't seem to
be implemented.
I know most of this stuff can be worked around by doing it ourselves
in our API's but still....
Same goes for editing default values in VStudio, there just doesn't
seem to be a way of editing the default value of a field once it is
created.

Bart