[VCOM 2.5.8] Unable to register vcom.dll

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Wed Mar 21 00:32:24 CDT 2007

Hi,

I just made a test install of my app using 2.5.8 and got this error:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Astrocalc
Software\System\VCOM.dll
Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3

This happens after I have run my setup (Inno 5.1.11) and XP restart, my
setup force a reboot of XP and dll's are then registered on startup. If I
try to register it manually with regsvr32 it fails to and say something
about "LoadLibrary failed..." and "wrong configuration of program".

I have tried with both removing unneeded dll's for delay load, and with them
in as before.

When starting my program I get an error of "ActivX cannot create object"
when I init Valentina. However, when I run on my development computer app
works both in VB6 IDE and as compiled exe. So appearently, the VCOM setup is
able to register it in some way, but with RegSvr32.exe it fails?

Regards,
Joakim