V4MD 1 to 2 and getMedia

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 7 10:30:43 CST 2007

On 7/3/07 3:31 AM, "Scott Runkel" <srunkel at hypix.com> wrote:

Hi Scott,

> I recently updated a very large project and database from 1 to 2. I used
> VStudio's convert 1_2 function initially to bring the database up to 2. Things
> are going pretty smoothly except that getMedia doesn't seem to be working to
> retrieve Director #text members that were already in the database when I
> converted it. I've added a few hundred new ones, and those all retrieve fine,
> as
> do the varchars and other columns. But when I retrieve one of the older #text
> members, it destroys the castmember it's suppose to fill, and no error is
> reported by Valentina.
>
> The code is below, and I don't think there's anything wrong with it since it
> works fine for the new #text members as well as the #text members in a totally
> different project we just did with v2.
>
> on getCursorMedia me, cursor, fieldname, memberRef
>   fldBLOB = cursor.field(fieldname)
>   fldBLOB.getMedia(member(memberRef))
> end

Yes I think problem is not in the code...

Hmm. SetMedia() is used in v1 with a BLOB field. Right ?

Convert_1_2() by idea just COPY data from old BLOB into new..
    and it do not care what context is there.

Can I ask you make in V4MD v1 some simple db with one table and one BLOB
field with 1-3 records. Then send it to me for tests.