V4MD 1 to 2 and getMedia

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Tue Mar 6 19:31:36 CST 2007

I recently updated a very large project and database from 1 to 2. I used
VStudio's convert 1_2 function initially to bring the database up to 2. Things
are going pretty smoothly except that getMedia doesn't seem to be working to
retrieve Director #text members that were already in the database when I
converted it. I've added a few hundred new ones, and those all retrieve fine, as
do the varchars and other columns. But when I retrieve one of the older #text
members, it destroys the castmember it's suppose to fill, and no error is
reported by Valentina.

The code is below, and I don't think there's anything wrong with it since it
works fine for the new #text members as well as the #text members in a totally
different project we just did with v2.

on getCursorMedia me, cursor, fieldname, memberRef
  fldBLOB = cursor.field(fieldname)
  fldBLOB.getMedia(member(memberRef))
end

DMX2004, WinXP.