Licensing... VDN and V4RB

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jun 26 00:34:23 CDT 2007

On 26/6/07 6:06 AM, "Jeff Justice" <jeff.j at stariontech.com> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

> I have spent the last hour poring over the website and through
> documentation and can find no reference to how to "register" the
> VServer, or the RB Developer.

1) Actually instructions was in the VDN letter which you have got after
purchase.

2) note that WIKI has on top left SEARCH feature.

> In my licenses folder on the server, I already have a license file in
> there.  I didn't put it there, it was there as part of the install.

This is DEMO license file which has Valentina Server on default.
It expires first day of next month. On site its possible download new demo
license for next month then.

> Shouldn't the license you emailed go there, and if so, what is the
> one that's already there?

You need REMOVE demo license and drop instead own license file.

Please check these pages of WIKI

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:docume
ntation:vserver:manual:registration>

And especially docs of Embedded Valentina Server!

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:docume
ntation:vserver:embedded:embedded>

    its FAQs
    What you get with VDN Purchase

NOTE: FAQs point that while you develop, and you will want connect to
Valentina Server using Valentina Studio and may be V4RB examples you can
avoid drop license_emb_ddddd file but use instead or DEMO license or
VServer_Office license which is included in your VDN archive.

-------------------
> Second, according to the RB installer, it says:
>
> "If you purchased this product from Paradigma Software or an
> authorized Paradigma Software (dealer), you should have received an
> Activation Code.  This Activation code will not initialize the
> Valentina runtime.  You must register your activation code on the
> Pardigma Software website."

Hmm, this is wrong text. Its in the V4RB ReadMe ??

> I can find no reference on the website to this.  If I understand the
> "ADK Serials.txt" file correctly, I shouldn't need to "activate" the
> ADK since I will be exclusively connecting to the VServer remotely.
> Is that right?

To register V4RB you need simply specify your serials in the call of

    Valentina.Init( cacheSize, MacSerial, WinSerial )

This is the first call to Valentina engine. You need INIT it.

This method and all other methods are described in
        Valentina for REALbasic Reference (pdf)

Get it here:
    http://www.valentina-db.com/en/products/documentation/V4RB