Real World Database Solutions build with Revolution?

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Sat Jun 23 09:46:43 CDT 2007

Hi all,

no, I don't need any technical help at the moment and I'm really fine
with Valentina :-) - BUT

I need to find a fitting tool for an upcoming project. That's not
that easy as it will look on the first glance. My current main tool
is REALbasic or better my application-framework based on REALbasic.
I'm familiar with Java and did many projects with WebObjects. But
that are the "big platforms" as my customer claims. He's thinking
more about the low level tools and hope is able to do small
customizations on his own (no - you really don't need to comment on
this!). I know FileMaker very, very well and build several real big
application and my only conclusion is, I'm NOT going to use it,
furthermore I'll becoming some arguments with Ruslan (*fg* - just
kidding), same for 4D.

A Web-App is a no go, too - due to requirements. I know Ajax and Web
2.0 and ... but it MUST be a "real" application. So I'm looking for a
tool in the "lower-mid-range" between FileMaker and the "big ones"
and of course, I want to use Valentina Server.

I checked the RunRev sides, watch the tutorials, check references
and ... anything available on the net. But I didn't found any real
world ERP-solution, POS, invoicing, ... build with Revolution. Of
course many eLearning, multi-media, games, tools, audio-apps, ...
nice and -hm- small, nothing I'm thinking about.

So I asked if there is anybody here on the list, that has ever done
such an application, or even heard of it, or knows somebody who has
heard of it? Or in the other way, does anybody failed in using
Revolution for such a task?

TIA and a nice weekend,

regards

Thorsten Hohage