Can't load VShared_Win32_Release_VC.dll

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Mon Jun 18 14:27:47 CDT 2007

On Monday, June 18, 2007 BillMounce at Comcast.net (Bill Mounce) wrote:

>I am coming in in on the end of this discussion, but if the question
>has to do with the error message in the subject line of the email --
>I had this same problem. As it turns out, I wasn't loading all the
>necessary files into the vcomponents directory. I had omitted the one
>with "Microsoft" in the name. When I included that, the error went away.

Funny you should mention this...  I was the one that brought up this discussion recently.

I did have this file loaded, so that was not the problem.  I know this is the case becasue I copied my application folder - the same one that wouldn't work - to another environment and it worked.  I store all the VComponent elements in my application folder.

It is quite likely that my Windows environment was corrupt because I restored it to a date two weeks previous (an arbitrarily picked date) and all was well again.

But now, I think I have an idea of what may have caused the problem.  When I restored my system back two weeks, it removed the new beta of the Safari web browser.  Just this morning, I had to reinstall this back to my environment.  Seeing your email triggered the thought that maybe Safari caused the problem.  Sure enough, I'm getting the "Can't load VShared_Win32_Release_VC.dll" error again.  This is on the same copy of the app that was working yesterday - prior to installing Safari.

This makes no sense to me, but while I can do without Safari, I can't do without Valentina!

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/