Feature request: Collation settings on connection level

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 09:15:18 CDT 2007

Hi List, Ruslan

I would like to introduce a feature request concerning collation
settings.

As it stands now one can set Collation settings on database and table
levels.

This , I think, is not enough for working in multilingual environments.

Since in our solution multiple connections can be made to the same
server, same database, same table by users with different language
preferences we should be able to SET the collation settings at the
connection level.

Is this feasible ?

TIA

Bart Pietercil