readData and writeData [V4MD]

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 15 09:07:55 CDT 2007

On 15/6/07 4:29 PM, "Christian - ChrisKatDev.com"
<christian at chriskatdev.com> wrote:

> Le 15 juin 07 à 13:24, Ruslan Zasukhin a écrit :
>
>> On 15/6/07 2:11 PM, "Christian - ChrisKatDev.com"
>> <christian at chriskatdev.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Christian,
> Hi Ruslan,
>>
>>> I want an example of readData and writeData with V4MD 3.x and it's
>>> not present in doc.
>>
>> For what task you want use them?
>> Store something into VBLOB field?
>>
>> You sure V4MD have this methods?
>>
>>     I remember SetMedia/GetMedia  for BLOBs in V4MD,
>>
>>     and FromFile / ToFile
>
> It's for a rtf
>
> With field text or varchar, I have after read this from base a
> character parasite and rtf is break
>
> I want try with Blob with readData / writeData Please ;-)

    "readData object me, integer memBufferRef, integer bytesToRead, * \n"
    "writeData object me, integer memBufferRef, integer bytesToWrite, * \n"

You mean these methods.

Forget it please.

This was experimental methods yet in V4MD v1,
But since Director do not give you in Lingo work directly with RAW bytes of
RAM, we was not able implement it completly

------
Try to use

    VBLOB.FromFile()  and ToFile()  methods