Future plan for Valentina

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 15 05:26:30 CDT 2007

On 15/6/07 9:25 AM, "Ivan Smahin" <IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

Hi All,

> CS> is there a plan for the near future (1-2years) what is planed to
> CS> implement in valentina?
> CS> Is it possible to get informations about that?
>
> There are a lot of things we are going to implement. :)
> I think Ruslan will answer this question detailed soon.

* during this summer we improve 3.x: found bugs, some more or less  minor
feautes and write WIKI docs.

  * last few weeks I spend mainly on WIKI pages.
  * Added Docs/API section with description of general OO API of Valentina.
  * improved SQL pages
  * improved Link description pages. More pages, more pictures, ...

    You always can click in wiki link "Recent Changes" to see
    last modified pages

* then we start 4.0.

    RED target for 4.0 -- transactions

* also we must get future:

    * inheritance
    * new field types as ARRAY, SET, Decimal, Money, CC, ...
    * new type of indexes
    * compression of indexes and other data
    * hierarchical cursors
    * XML support: XmlQuery, XmlPath, SQLXML, ...
    * support of JS as language for Stored Procedures

* in VSERVER

    * a lots of ideas to improve here, starting from Group/User support,
    and to caching of OO objects on client side, and and and