odbc

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 08:36:43 CDT 2007

On 14-jun-07, at 14:49, Kim Kohen wrote:

> folks,
>
> just wondering if anyone has successfully connected FMP to
> valentina via ODBC.  I've been asked to develop a new application
> at work on a very short time frame. It will involve lots of reports
> and I'm considering RB/valentina for the application, and the
> possibility of generating the reports in FMP via ODBC. Even if no-
> one has physically done it I'm open to opinions as to whether it
> might work or not.
>
> FWIW, the datasets won't be large,  unlikely to be more than a few
> thousand rows, and most of the reports will be single parent
> records and a few child records.
>
> And before anyone mentions it, On target Reports currently only
> supports Valentina 1.

But should be available for V3 in a few weeks as I understand it ?

I've been wrestling with the same questions (and since I still have a
few weeks, I'm putting my hopes on OTR)
On the other hand, a few weeks ago (before OTR resurrected) I had
given the problem some thought and had decided to go the html
template + xml data+ css formatting way using the user installed
browser as print engine.

hth

Bart