odbc

Kim Kohen kim at webguide.com.au
Thu Jun 14 07:49:59 CDT 2007

folks,

just wondering if anyone has successfully connected FMP to valentina
via ODBC.  I've been asked to develop a new application at work on a
very short time frame. It will involve lots of reports and I'm
considering RB/valentina for the application, and the possibility of
generating the reports in FMP via ODBC. Even if no-one has physically
done it I'm open to opinions as to whether it might work or not.

FWIW, the datasets won't be large,  unlikely to be more than a few
thousand rows, and most of the reports will be single parent records
and a few child records.

And before anyone mentions it, On target Reports currently only
supports Valentina 1.

cheers

//k