V4RB 3.0 and pre-emptive threads

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jul 24 07:34:53 CDT 2007

Hi Dave,

-------
> If I open a database on the main thread, is there a way for me to pass a
> reference to it to my V4CC declares?

I afraid no.

> I'm aware that the VDatabase object in
> REALbasic is a pointer to a REALobject in the V4RB plugin, and is not a
> pointer straight to a valentina database instance.

> Is there some way I can
> pass these between the two?  (Likewise for a Vcursor, to be passed back from
> my V4CC declares to the REALbasic code on the main thread).

Still no and no :-(

REALobject contains INISDE (where and how is closed info) our structure

struct DatabaseData
{
    ulong                    hack; // for RB 2005
    FBL::I_Database*        mpFblDatabase;
    VSQL::I_SqlDatabase_Ptr    mpSqlDatabase;
    bool                    mLocal;
    I_Encryptable*            mpEncryptable;
};

Even if assume, that we make in V4RB additional methods like

    Vdatabase.GetRef() as Integer

To return you right into RB the raw value of FBL::I_Database*
Still not solved, because V4CC is also ADK and it also have
wrapper-structures around engine.

I think this is wrong way ...may be you need switch from REALbasic ?