trouble deploying v4rb 3.0 ub osx

Robert Nichols robert at formworkdesign.com
Sat Jul 21 15:35:28 CDT 2007

I just tried to deploy my first OSX universal binary application and
had trouble. I've reviewed the wiki and previous posts regarding
vcomponents so I'm aware of the context of the problem.

After building the app (RB 2007 r3), I run Ruslan's script to copy
vcomponents into the application bundle. Although the terminal
reports several errors (can't be specific - I'm not on my development
machine now) it appears that vcomponents directory is present
immediately inside the bundle's Contents directory. That appears
correct.

The built application runs correctly on my development machine.

Built app fails on other machines, PPC and Intel, that do not have
vcomponents installed anywhere. The app fails with a rather verbose
error that includes references to "...can't find entrypoint..." and a
reference to not understanding "throw vexception."

I'm assuming this is a vcomponent problem. I thought of
troubleshooting by putting vcomponents into the current directory of
the application on the machines that are giving trouble. If
vcomponents installed on a valid search path allows the application
to run, then that would indicate a problem with the vcomponents items
located in the application bundle, right?

Anyone have insight into this problem?

Thanks.

_____

robert nichols

formwork design llc | 114 3rd st ne | charlottesville, va 22902 |
www.formworkdesign.com