errors and fooling around -- plus looking for someone to hire

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 09:48:44 CDT 2007

There is a stack called V4REV Examples. It has a button "Valentina
Init" if you click that button and then double click on any of the
examples in the scrolling list it won't just cause a crash to RunRev.
It brings down the whole system (OS X 10. 4.10 ) and then makes
rebooting a difficult process requiring an external drive. I don't
even want to try to repeat the bug to write it up in Mantis...

This latest little treat in the my fooling around with Valentina
process has decided me that I need to hire an export to do some work
getting my application started. I am porting a fast excellent
hypercard program/database to RunRev and Valentina. I can do all the
scut work. Export and clean up the database. Make all the new fields,
design the input cards the way I want them. Design the reports etc. I
need help with making the database access routines work flawlessly and
fast.

It is the simple start-up process that is wasting far to many hours of
my time. I can't even get Trevor's excellent Recipe stack working with
Valentina and his library is what I use for all my present work with
SQLite and what I would like to continue to use.

Is there anyone (interested?) that I can hire to help me do some of
the work converting this application? I don't want to hire a U.S.
corporation to do this ( it would be nice but I can't afford that path
).

I need someone who knows Valentina and RunRev and who wants some part time work.