SQL Commands for creating Binary Links from Legacy Link values?

Ivan Smahin IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jul 14 01:54:41 CDT 2007

Hello Barry,

Saturday, July 14, 2007, 2:55:14 AM, you wrote:

BGS> Hi John,

BGS> Not a problem at all.

BGS> Another scenario is where you've created a binary link
BGS> and simply deleted it.  Intentionally or not.

BGS> Or it gets corrupted as you mentioned.
BGS> And where a subsequent clone can't fix it.

The same is true for any database object. But we have no ( as any other
DBMS ) duplicates of data for that cases.

BGS> Another reason I am uncomfortable is the presentation layer where the links
BGS> are almost hidden.  And I have to know where to go and look for them.

I suppose you mean vStudio speaking about presentation layer?
If so - just double click on the table - you will see the data-panel.
vStudio will show linked records there.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc