Date issues

Ivan Smahin IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 9 08:49:53 CDT 2007

Hello Kim,

Monday, July 9, 2007, 4:43:19 PM, you wrote:

KK> all,

KK> I have a table with a date field. The db is set to DDMMYYYY and '-'
KK> as the separator. I am testing the following SQL in VStudio:

Probably
insert into rides (ride_sql_date) value ( '11-07-2007' )
?

KK> This results in a single insert. When I query this row though, it
KK> returns 13-01--0004. I recall some issues with certain date functions
KK> (in March) but this is a straight insert with what appears to be a
KK> valid sql date.  Can someone explain what's happening and how to
KK> solve it?

I have tried it with vStudio...

set property DateTimeFormat OF DATABASE TO 'kMDY';
set property DateSep OF DATABASE TO '-';

Create table t1 ( f1 DATE )
INSERT INTO t1 VALUES( '11-07-2007' )

SELECT * FROM t1

no problems - '11-07-2007'