Trap Valentina license time limit - where is the documentation hypelinks - LOL, can we take a good ribbing?

Ivan Smahin IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jul 7 02:33:40 CDT 2007

Hello Barry,

Friday, July 6, 2007, 9:16:28 PM, you wrote:

BGS> LOL, can we take a good ribbing?

BGS> These good natured responses are designed to encourage all users, (and not
BGS> just Steve who had the courage to respond), to make more of an effort to
BGS> have themselves heard.

Be sure, you have been heard.

BGS> Perhaps if enough voices are head we can make a change for the better.

Even single reasonable voice can do things better.

BGS> Standard salesman excuse:
BGS> "You had your chance to find this out before you paid."

BGS> Speaking for myself as well, that's not an acceptable answer in any
BGS> saturation whatsoever.

BGS> I've never accepted that as a valid response and never will.

But who says it here to you?
I    think    you   mean   that   Robert's   or Thorsten's (just don't
remember whose ) phrase  -  something  like  "you  had the time to play with it before
buy".  But  it  is  correct  - it does not mean you will be dropped then.

BGS> "I think we've all used products that had great documentation but didn't
BGS> work."

BGS> Yes, how about products that have convoluted documentation and didn't work
BGS> like this one?  Or a product that you can't get to work because of the lack
BGS> of documentation.

This  list  is  intended  to solve such problems as well.
What particularly does not work for you?

BGS> "...submitted a few corrections to the documentation via Mantis..."
BGS> Yes, jump thru this hoop, and stand inside this 4x6 area behind there bars.
BGS> Only speak when spoken too.
BGS> And don't feed the animals.

No,   Mantis   is   a   convenient   place  to  express  yourself  in
constructively manner.

BGS> When "I am speaking for myself only"

BGS> Don't have "you" and "we" in the text.
BGS> Keep it to: When this happens, I feel etc...
BGS> And "we" reads like "God and I"
BGS> -  or  "I have been elected to speak for this group"

I  believe  if  someone writes "we" it does not mean "We" and moreover
does not mean "me and God". Don't take it so close to yourself.

BGS> Again, please take this as good natured ribbing as I have tones of flame
BGS> mail waiting to be read.  And heaps of angry users waiting to be supported.

Don't  be  so  angry,  as  I told you have been heard. As you see even
single voice is enough to get this flame biggest in Valentina's history. :)

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database