Trap Valentina license time limit - where is the documentationhypelinks

Barry G. Sumpter BarrySum at BigPond.Net.AU
Fri Jul 6 15:45:45 CDT 2007

I have to agree with Jeff.

I've attempted to make some contributions as noted on my web site.

I'd be happy to do my share when assigned.

----
Just had a flash.
Could we start our own wiki on the real Wikipedia regarding Documentation?
Again, happy to do my share if it encourages others to participate.

Thanks,
	Barry G. Sumpter

-----Original Message-----
From: valentina-bounces at lists.macserve.net
[mailto:valentina-bounces at lists.macserve.net] On Behalf Of Jeff Justice
Sent: Saturday, 7 July 2007 6:10 AM
To: Valentina Developers
Subject: Re: Trap Valentina license time limit - where is the
documentationhypelinks

I have to agree with you to a degree.  Having spent a fair amount of
time poring through the "documentation", and the wiki, I find it hard
to follow.

I think there is another factor here that has been missed.  Yes,
things may be acceptable to you "Valentina Old Timers" out there, but
I am a Valentina newbie.

Newbies need good documentation.  We need hand-holding some times.
More newbies = more instances of Valentina out there in the world.
If the product has such a steep learning curve that newbies don't
want to touch it or take the time to figure it out by trial and error
in the absence of good documentation, then old-timers are the only
market Paradigma will ever reach.  Maybe that's what they want, I
don't know.

Moving on to the documentation that is already in place; I have
absolutely nothing against people who don't speak English as their
primary language.  I find that in both the documentation and the
wiki, I have to re-read the text two, three, or more times to fully
understand what the writer is getting at.  While it is true that the
information is more or less there, it takes more time to do this.

I personally think I have a pretty good command of the english
language, and would be willing to spend some time to straighten up
the grammar and spelling of the documentation and wiki, if someone at
Paradigma expresses an interest in me doing so.

Jeff J.