Trap Valentina license time limit

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Fri Jul 6 14:28:38 CDT 2007

Hi Barry,

On 2007-07-06, at 19:26, Barry G. Sumpter wrote:
> Hmm, I wonder, does anyone have a methodology for a professional
> standard
> error trapping routine?

Yes, I've got one. But what does this answer does help you? I'm
afraid not much. When asking if I can provide you with code, then the
answer would be disappointing, too. Because this code is so much
integrated in my basic framework, that you need to use if fully or
reject it.

So I'm afraid I'm not able to provide you with code here.

> Where the DialogBox has options to Log the error to a file, send an
> email to
> product support, ignore, or terminate execution, etc.

I wouldn't go the way to extend a DialogBox to do i.e. logging. There
are many situations where the GUI is already frozen, but code is
still executable. I'll go the other way, write you a logger class, so
you're able to handle different logs and logging styles (i.e screen
logging, file logging, message logging for serious bugs) and open a
dialog box out of this logging class or separately after.

Even more there are several situations in REALbasic, where a modal
dialog box will change the way of code execution completely.

But IMHO these are questions that should asked on the RB-NUG or on
the RS-Forums.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--