Trap Valentina license time limit - where is the documentation hypelinks - LOL, can we take a good ribbing?

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Fri Jul 6 14:08:28 CDT 2007

Hi Barry,

On 2007-07-06, at 20:16, Barry G. Sumpter wrote:
> Again, please take this as good natured ribbing as I have tones of
> flame
> mail waiting to be read.  And heaps of angry users waiting to be
> supported.

perhaps it's due to the fact, that I'm not a native speaker, but I
didn't get the "message" you want to express.

I don't know why, but I think the "angry users" seems to be a good
description of how you present yourself on this list.

After 5 Minutes searching the Valentina sites I found i.e. the url

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?
id=paradigma:public:en:documentation:api:valentina_class:initmethods&s=d
emo>

and a brief description of the time limited demo. And here is the
download link for the monthly renewed demo license file

<http://www.paradigmasoft.com/en/products/download/VSERVER>

I think asking really specific questions and not flaming about
missing links to documentation will produce rather helpfull replies,
at least from me.

Btw. I started using Valentina back in February with a demo licence,
too. In March I ported the most of my bigger apps from mySQL to
Valentina and in Mai I finished the deployment to my customers
(individual software development, no retail). I must admit I get some
off-list, behind the scene help, but this was after asking polite
questions on this list.

Of course there might be some lack of documentation, but after being
in software development for 20+ years, I didn't miss much. Did you
download all the V4RB-Examples and check the code? Check it a second
time? Did you read the provided documentation (PDF) on V4RB? So I
really wonder why you get the impression to miss so much?

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany