3.0->3.1 client question

Ivan Smahin IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 2 04:36:06 CDT 2007

Hello Thorsten,

Monday, July 2, 2007, 11:31:39 AM, you wrote:

> Hi,

> On 2007-07-02, at 10:16, Barry G. Sumpter wrote:

>> Any VDB v3.0 opened with any v3.1 kernel will update the database.
>> Not just VS.  i.e. thru code as well.
>>
>> BOTH VDK 3.1 AND VSTUDIO 3.1 are available for download.

> What happened if a deployed server is running on a VServer 3.0.x and
> a REALbasic-Client connected to it, where  V4RB 3.1 is used?
> Especially when I don't want or better don't be able to update the
> server but want to provide the new client for newly installed 3.1
> VServer.

Actually  you  will  get  "wrong  packet  version" exception trying to
communicate with VServer version early than 3.1
We are sorry, but it  was very urgent and important fix and we believe such changes will
not be introduced too often in the future.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database