3.0->3.1

Kim Kohen kim at webguide.com.au
Mon Jul 2 01:33:18 CDT 2007

On 02/07/2007, at 4:25 PM, Bart Pietercil wrote:

>  I think the change was necessary due to the "upgrade" of binary
> links.
> If I recall correctly the status of binary links is changed from
> nice to have when substituting simple m-to-m tables to recommended
> for all kinds of pointers (even overtaken objectpointers).
>
> This upgrade brought along file format changes
Yes, thanks, I was aware of this, I was just wondering what has to be
done to convert them. It appears it's just a matter of opening the
old dbs with the new version of VStudio and it converts 'on the fly'.

I'm about to start a new project and I'm mulling over whether to use
ObjectPtrs or Binary links. I must say ObjPtrs make more sense to me
due to its similarity to Foreign/Primary keys.

cheers

kim