Automatic Garbage Collection

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jan 30 04:09:13 CST 2007

On 30/1/07 11:16 AM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

Hi Philip,
Hi Shawn,
Hi Justin,

> With Leopard, Apple will introduce Objective-C V2, which contains an
> automatic garbage collector.

> Unfortunately, the documentation says: "Note that all frameworks
> linked to the application must also be GC-enabled."

> So, as I understand it, if I want to use the Valentina SDK from my GC-
> enabled program or library, VSDK needs to be compiled with GC-
> enabled, too.

> Is there any decision underway, if VSDK will become GC-enabled?

* do you talk now about Valentina for Cocoa? V4CC.framework?

* IF you talk about C++ SDK then note it is not a framework but set of
dylibs. So then it sounds on THIS LEVEL no need for Apple's GC.

* should we only set some compiler switch or we need redesign code ?

* should we have provide 2 versions of framework or
    GC-version should become single choice?