smaller V4RB2 Apps

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Feb 19 15:05:31 CST 2007

On 19/2/07 9:28 PM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

Hi Claudius,

> Hi,
>
> with V4RB2.5.6 how can I get now smaller apps?
>
> I compiled Application with RB2006r4 and V4RB2.5.6 after that I ran
> application with INSTALL_VCOMPONENTS_V4RB.sh and now application has
> same size as before with 2.5.5. What did I wrong?

1) script installs ALL dlls as usual
    so first of all script should be changed

2) if you use LOCAL db (and you use it as I know)
    you can win not many, only avoid VSDK.framework.

3) the main SAVE can get developers that need make
    only CLIENT app to VSERVER.

    in this case they can produce app without
        vkernel, ICU, VSDK,

-----
How to change script?

    just try remove lines which mention VSDK.