GetDatabaseVersion

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Fri Feb 16 11:35:58 CST 2007

On Friday, February 16, 2007 steve at steve-albin.com (Steve Albin) wrote:

>In my app compiled with V4RB 2.5.4 and RB2007r1, I have the following line of code:
>
>s = hex(Valentina.GetDatabaseVersion(pFolderItem))
>
>A Windows user got an exception error of 365826 -  File "myFileName" does not exist when
>running this code.
>

>Not all my users get this and I didn't get this when testing on Windows.  When I look in
>the manual to check the function, I see that it is now named
>Valentina.GetDatabaseFormatVersion.
>
>No problem, I can change the code.  But shouldn't this have returned an error when I built
>the app?

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.  It appears that my code is correct and the manual is incorrect. GetDatabaseVersion does compile and  the name in the function name in the V4RB reference - GetDatabaseFormatVersion - is incorrect.  I will note this in Mantis.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/